Glance?- An InMobi Group Company??
Founded in 2019, Glance is a consumer technology company that operates disruptive digital platforms including Glance, Roposo, and Nostra. Glance’s ’smart lock screen’ inspires consumers to make the most of every moment by surfacing relevant experiences without the need for searching and downloading apps. Glance Lock Screen is currently available on over 400 million smartphones worldwide. Roposo is a LIVE platform that is revolutionizing live experiences, through a unique, immersive, creator-led approach. Nostra is the largest gaming platform in India and Southeast Asia, offering gamers engaging ways to discover, play, watch, learn and compete.
Headquartered in Singapore, Glance is an unconsolidated subsidiary of InMobi Group and is funded by Jio Platforms, Google, and Mithril Capital. For more information visit glance.com, nostra.gg, and roposo.com
About the role
We are looking for a UX Designer to join our team and help us create innovative and user-friendly products. As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for the user experience of our products, from the initial concept to the final product. You will work closely with other members of the product team, including product managers, engineers, and researchers, to ensure that our products are easy to use and meet the needs of our users.
What role you would play, as part of the design organization??
- You will be the crafting experiences for millions of Glance users.?We work like a?start-up?and have bold bets on where the direction of experience is headed. We execute fast, run tons of experiments but at the same time don’t lose sight of the?vision.?We expect you to have a strong bias for action?but?also the ability to take a step back and see the big?picture.?
- We expect to think user first, while balancing the needs of the business. You will provide the right platform to bring the voice of customers front and centre to play a key role in shaping the product experience.?Drive customer centricity amongst your?key partners in product, technology and business.
- You will?show excellence in interaction and visual design, structure problem statements to help deliver success for the business.
- You should have a deep understanding of the experience paradigms for mobile platforms (Android & iOS).
- You?should?be able to work through the length & breadth of product design with ease: IxD, Visual, Motion design and prototyping. The design output you will deliver?while?being hands-on will set an high bar for the junior designers.?You are a strategic thinker and at the same time execute with great attention to detail and craftsmanship.??
- While you?inspire?the team with the greatness in experiences you will design, you will also communicate the value-first user centred?experience efforts through?clear and measurable means.????
- You will evangelise the?design efforts?internally?to the wider?organisation.?At?appropriate opportunities you will?also?evangelise the design for Glance in external forums and?design conferences.?
What do we expect from you???
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in UX/product design.
- Experience working on consumer-facing problems, preferably in a fast-paced environment.
- A portfolio showcasing designs that have been used by intended users at scale.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or post-graduate degree in visual communication, product design, industrial design, information and interface design, or human computer interaction (HCI) is a plus.
- Expertise in interaction design, visual design, motion design, and prototyping.
- Knowledge of design thinking and user research methodologies.
- Familiarity with tools and processes for shipping high-quality experiences.
- Experience designing for mobile apps, for Android and iOS both.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and presentation skills.