Apply for this job
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risks. With UpGuard, organisations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest growing and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring for this role?
We’re looking for a Senior UX Writer to join our growing Product Team. If your past job titles have included ‘UX Writer’, ‘Content Designer’, ‘Content Strategist’ or even ‘Digital Copywriter’ – this could be the role for you.
As a Senior UX Writer at UpGuard, you’ll work with our Design team on new features for our rapidly-growing cybersecurity SaaS platform. You’ll bring your writing skills and UX thinking to every project, creating crystal-clear high-quality experiences for our customers. You’ll be instrumental in shaping the tone of our in-app copy and will contribute to our design system to ensure that we continue to deliver consistency through a period of growth.
Working closely with our growing Product Team, you’ll understand our users’ needs and pain points and will help design and develop our SaaS platform from a content-first perspective. Whether working independently or paired with a designer, you’ll be involved in the end-to-end process, from ideation through to prototyping, refinement, and development, obsessing over the details to create amazing user experiences. You’ll have plenty of scope to interact with our highly-engaged user community (from some of the biggest and best companies in the world) and to shape the UX Writing practice at UpGuard.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Designers, Engineering and knowledge area experts to craft end-to-end user experiences for our cybersecurity SaaS product
- Translating highly technical concepts into easily understood content, guiding our customers through their use of our platform
- Building an innate understanding of our customer's needs, and pairing that with an understanding of data to optimize user flows through the platform
- Creating microcopy patterns that can be re-used throughout our platform
- Participating in and synthesizing user experience testing, incorporating customer feedback into your work
- Engaging with the engineering team through the build and test of features
What we're looking for
- Amazing skills: 5+ years of UX Writing or Content Design experience, with a portfolio that demonstrates strength in creating simple and intuitive user experiences for complex digital projects.
- Strong understanding of UX writing for products: Your portfolio should demonstrate your writing skills, and how those skills are practically applied within a digital product or app. An understanding or appreciation of UX principles, product design, human-centred design and/or information architecture is a must.
- Collaboration: We are a tight-knit team that pushes each other to keep improving. You’ll need to know when to stand your ground, and when to take (constructive) feedback on board.
- Growth mindset: We want someone who’s constantly on the lookout for inspiration, and able to apply industry-best-practice to their work.
- Fast on the tools: You’ll be able to turn out great work quickly whether you’re collaborating or working solo, with an eye for detail and ideas for how to work efficiently.
What would give you an edge?
- Experience in cybersecurity. If not, you’ll just need to be willing to learn!
- Experience in writing for complex tech products or SaaS software.
- Experience working in an agile software development team.
- Experience writing for a multilingual audience.
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Generous compensation: Competetive salary & stock options.
- Great perks: Grocery and gym reimbursements, flexible work arrangements, learning and development stipend, and generous PTO package
My Startup Gig ran an independent review into life at UpGuard. To see what it's like to work at UpGuard, check out their survey results here.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation.
UpGuard is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please note we can only hire candidates will full working rights in Australia.