PredictHQ is the world’s leading source of demand intelligence, enabling global companies to accurately predict and prepare for demand anomalies.
We cover every major event category from conferences and concerts to live, unscheduled events such as extreme weather or airport delays. Our expertise is in verifying, enriching, and adding intelligence to the millions of significant events that impact demand, so companies can act before it's too late.
Our teams have created and are continuing to create advanced machine learning algorithms, using data from thousands of sources around the world, processing it through our modern, microservices-based pipeline - and exposing it to customers via a powerful API and a web UI.
Launched in 2016, PredictHQ is growing rapidly and is backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and Aspect Ventures. PredictHQ works in a remote-first environment while also enabling regular face-to-face time in our key locations in San Francisco, US, Auckland, New Zealand, and London UK.
Our team combines the best of American ambition and drive with New Zealand’s empathy and community spirit. We have high standards and huge plans.
We have a vibrant team and are looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to shape remarkable user experiences for our products, websites, and tools. Someone who can take charge of delivering exceptional designs for new features and flows, and can tackle customer problems with finesse. We're seeking an enthusiastic lifelong learner who is willing to get stuck in, learn new things, and thrive in a collaborative, dynamic environment.
- Employ the complete UX process, including research, design, testing, and usability measurement for features and flows.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Led Growth (PLG) director and the wider team to drive our PLG initiative.
- Work as a member of Auckland-based cross-functional engineering teams, actively participating in agile processes.
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to ensure smooth implementation of designs and overcome challenges.
- Create wireframes and update designs in Figma for roadmap items.
- Work with the marketing team to align design feedback with messaging and positioning.
- Incorporate Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) considerations into UX design.
- Collaborate with external designers to enhance PredictHQ's design and brand.
- Stay up to date with the latest UI/UX trends and advancements, integrating them into your work when relevant.
Skills, Knowledge, and Competencies:
- 3-5 years of experience in user interface design/user experience design.
- Strong eye for design and attention to detail, with experience in visual design, branding, and look & feel.
- Creative mindset with the ability to generate new design ideas and directions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with website and web application design, including responsive design techniques.
- Experience with Figma is desirable (or equivalent tools), or the ability to quickly adapt to Figma.
- Critical thinker, problem-solver, and customer-centered approach.
- Ability to run design workshops and gather feedback from various stakeholders.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS, customer personas, and customer journey maps is a plus.
- Health Insurance
- 10 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Hybrid work environment
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Paid Family and Friends Day Leave
- Strong focus on your training and development
- Regular Social Events
- Options in a fast-growing company in its early stages
- Customer Centricity - Our customers are our partners. We learn from them constantly so we can deliver huge value and keep innovating.
- Understanding Why - We know why we take each step, reflect and act, and solve problems rather than symptoms.
- Family & Friends First - Life is for living - we work hard but don't forget our family, friends, or health.
- Get our hands dirty - If something needs to be done, we roll up our sleeves.
- Transparency - We thrive when we communicate transparently, collaborate fully and look after each other.
- Join our team and play a crucial role in shaping exceptional user experiences. Apply now with your portfolio and join us on this exciting journey of innovation and growth.
- Applicants for this position must have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with internal policies and procedures, applicable legislation, rules, and standards, including relevant Acts, Advertising Standards Authority rules and regulations, and industry body requirements.
- We have a flexible working approach with a minimum of 1 day a week in our office in the Auckland CBD and the ability to work from home the rest of the week. We encourage face-to-face collaboration in the office outside of that for topics that require more interaction and discussion.