Every year, we change the lives of millions of students and leave the world a bit brighter than we found it. This year our websites will receive over 50 million users. Students around the world trust our platforms to find their best matching education. At the same time, we help educators diversify their (international) student population. With your talent, we will get closer to solving one of the most burning problems on Earth together: How do we effectively connect people from all around the world with global education opportunities in a relevant way?
The UXD team is looking for an UX designer intern to assist with the daily operations of the team as of 1st of September 2023.
We have plenty of challenging activities to keep you engaged & help you gain experience in working cross-functionally with Design, Product Management, and Engineering to incorporate user-centred research at all stages of the product cycle. You will get a chance to practice and apply your knowledge in User Experience Design as well as receive coaching and mentoring from our colleagues, who are experts in the field.
You can say a little bit about the team – what do you do, etc
Some of your tasks:
- Assist in projects for internal or external clients by conducting research, designing, surveys, wirefremes, prototypes, and presenting designs to the team
- Effectively communicate results and illustrate suggestions to product teams
- Work on new flows and features, including the creation of research reports and (digitally) present your work to stakeholders
- Maintain visual component assets for our Design System
• Currently in the Netherlands, willing to visit the office 2-3 times per week.
• Currently studying an MBO or HBO in Digital UX Design, Digital Design, Interaction Design or other related fields (Please do not apply if you are not a student in the Netherlands)
• Available 5 days a week for a period of at least 5 months
• Fluent in written & spoken English, additional languages are a plus
• Flexible and resilient with the ability to handle ad hoc requests
• Independent, reliable, highly motivated and trustworthy
• Proactive and communicative – you will have to interact with colleagues and managers from other departments all the time
• Creative – it would be a big plus if you were able to design small posters, document covers, event material and fill them with attractive content
• Believing in and identifying with Studyportals’ mission and values
What we have for you:
• 5-6 months full-time internship (flexible) in a super fun and international office in Eindhoven - have a look here!
• 400 EUR internship allowance per month for 40 hours
• Gaining knowledge, training, and mentoring from experts in the field of UX Design
• Encouragement of personal ideas and realization of personal projects for the duration of the internship
• A flat hierarchy, our Senior UI/UX Designer will guide you throughout your internship
• A dedicated international team
• Your own Macbook Pro for the duration of your internship
• The opportunity to make our world a little better by increasing international access to education and be at the core of a study choice giant that the world education market has been desperately waiting for.