Have you noticed that when you go to the doctor, often no one there can tell you what it will cost? If you think that’s as problematic as we do, join us in our mission to fix it.
We are currently seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our team in a hybrid position, based in the Seattle area!
This role reports directly to the Chief Product Officer and interfaces closely with the Product and Engineering teams. You will be responsible for designing intuitive and efficient user experiences for healthcare workflow automation and related analytical applications that allow different user personas to assess and measure workflow performance. This role involves collaborating with healthcare domain experts and developers, and conducting user research, to create a seamless user interface that optimizes workflow for patients and healthcare providers, while adhering to technical constraints and usability standards.
- Gain a deep understanding of the healthcare workflow for patients and providers
- Collaborate with domain experts to translate complex workflows into user-friendly interfaces.
- Conduct user research within the healthcare industry to identify user needs, pain points, and workflow challenges specific to our products.
- Analyze research findings to inform the design of user personas, user journeys, and task flows.
- Create intuitive information architectures and workflow diagrams that streamline healthcare workflows process and enhance user productivity.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure the visual representation aligns with the functional requirements.
- Develop detailed wireframes and interactive prototypes that illustrate the user interface and user interactions of the software.
- Design user interactions, data entry forms, and data visualization components that facilitate accurate data input and analysis.
- Iterate designs based on user feedback and usability testing results.
- Evaluate the technical feasibility of design concepts considering integrations with electronic health records (EHR) systems, payment gateways, and other healthcare software.
- Ensure the presentation of complex financial and billing data is user-friendly and actionable.
- Plan and conduct usability testing sessions with healthcare professionals to validate design efficacy and gather feedback.
- Incorporate testing insights to enhance the user experience and optimize workflows.
- Ensure our software meets accessibility standards and compliance requirements (e.g. HIPAA, 508).
- Stay updated on industry regulations and best practices related to healthcare software design.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in UX Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- Proficiency in UX design tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, or similar.
- Extensive experience in crafting compelling narratives through data, employing optimal and pertinent visualizations to steer users through their workflows.
- Extensive experience in design and optimization of data-intensive business process/workflow applications
- Ability to create user-centered designs that address both user needs and technical constraints.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams (Customer Success, Product Management, Engineering), domain experts, and end users.
- Analytical mindset and ability to breakdown complex problems and recompose existing workflows into a more optimized experience.
- Portfolio showcasing previous UX design projects related to healthcare or revenue cycle management software.
- Proven experience designing user experiences for healthcare workflows, including revenue cycle processes and patient experience.
- Knowledge of healthcare data, compliance regulations, and interoperability challenges.
- As our first UX Designer, you will have creative authority to build out our UX approach as our organization grows, scaling our user experience for a fast-growing company with staff across the US.
Why MD Clarity:
- Our team is experiencing high growth and is at the forefront of innovation while loving a little bit of ambiguity along the way!
- We are remote-first, with hybrid options at our offices in Seattle and NYC if you like to be in-person.
- Competitive Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums 100% covered for you and any dependents; 401(k) with employer matching; monthly wellness credit; employer HSA contributions; remote coworking benefit; and more
Our fast-growing team combines decades of healthcare technology experience with engineering and business talent from Microsoft, Stanford, Spotify, Modernizing Medicine, GitHub, NYU Stern, EY-Parthenon, Georgetown, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Harvard, Deloitte, Vanderbilt, UPenn-Wharton, Cornell, and Northwestern, among others. We’re distributed among our offices in Seattle and New York City and many fully remote roles. In addition to our shared passion for improving patients’ healthcare experience, we’re united in valuing an inclusive workplace that empowers all with the autonomy, connection to the mission, and flexibility needed to innovate.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship