As a Lead UX Designer at Zone, you will play a strategic role across all stages of the design process, from understanding business strategy and brand, customer needs and market context, formulating outcome-oriented hypotheses and concepts, creating prototypes, validation and measurement, interaction & visual design, feature delivery and optimisation.
At Zone, our Lead UX Designers play a pivotal role in ensuring that the products brought to market are crafted to the highest standard, drive value, and meet and balance the needs of the people who use them and the businesses that deliver them.
As a lead you will be responsible for guiding team members and stakeholders through the end-to-end design process, inspiring and motivating buy-in and ensuring that decisions along the way are informed by the right insights that will help achieve product-market fit.
- Lead knowledge gathering exercises, such as the planning and facilitation of stakeholder workshops, business interviews, market analysis, design and customer research activities
- Guide teams through crafting high-level visions for products and services, balancing business and customer needs and identifying market fit
- Oversee the validation of hypothesis, propositions and concepts, through user feedback and measurable testing activities
- Support teams in translating high-level strategic visions of service and products into a delivery focussed roadmap – leading iterative prioritisation and concepting activities, and informing what should be made and why
- Oversee deliverables including prototypes, proof of concept documents, wire frames, elegant user flows, use cases and user scenarios
- Understand requirements and where appropriate, challenge the approach, backed up with sound customer, business and market insight
- Support market readiness, from brand alignment and suitability, through to consultation on go-to-market, from launch strategy and implementation on any relevant supporting technologies such as SEO
Experience we're looking for:
- Proven and practical experience leading teams in the definition and delivery of user-centred products and services end-to-end, from unvalidated propositions and concepts through to delivery into market, across a variety of projects types – from greenfield to optimisation of existing projects
- Projects you have led in the real-world which combine user-centred design principles together with a lean-Agile delivery methodology
- Led co-creation, research and testing activities
- Formed close relationships and earned trust with stakeholders
- Established best practices and refine ways of working. Provide context and coaching for other team members in ways of working, processes and practices
- Guiding and mentoring members of your team to support their individual progression
Zone in a nutshell
Zone is an experience consultancy, and part of the Cognizant family. made up of strategists, designers, engineers and delivery experts. We transform the businesses the world relies on by creating and orchestrating exceptional experiences for their customers, employees and partners.
Zone does this for some of the world’s biggest brands at every stage of their transformation journey – whether that’s by deeply understanding customers to reimagine the journey, rapidly creating new products and services that deliver value, or by scaling innovation across large-scale enterprises.
The important bits:
- Salary - Although we cannot publish the salary range on this job advert, as part of our commitment to inclusive and equitable recruitment, we commit to never asking you for your current salary information or salary history as part of this recruitment process. In addition, we will share with you the salary range, in confidence, before the interview
- Hybrid working - Our offices are open, and we love to get together and collaborate with our colleagues. We're all hybrid working, so we'd like you to come into the offices at least two days a week.
- Equality statement - At Zone & Cognizant, we create conditions for everyone to thrive. We treat others with fairness and respect, and value each other’s individual contributions. We never discriminate against a person’s legally protected characteristics, such as age, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity leave, disability, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation, when we make employment decisions including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, termination, or providing other terms and conditions of employment.
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Our continued commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging is crucial to allowing the organisation to attract and retain talent with the skills and expertise needed to exceed our clients’ expectations.? We recognise that our people are our most important asset.? As a result, we strive to cultivate an inclusive work environment in which all employees feel valued, are engaged and have the opportunity to develop and succeed.
- Background checks - all employees of Zone and Cognizant are subject to background vetting. This includes, amongst other things, criminal record check and employment references.