Who We Are
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio that creates influential AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and across the US, working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment.
Our focus is on making the highest quality games with sustainable, healthy development plans; to tell stories that engage players through worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish.
We strive to be a studio where our team members know they can make a difference and grow professionally alongside creating games they are proud of.
What We Need
We are looking for a highly skilled and creative Senior UI Artist to play a key role in developing graphics that enhance the overall game design and user experience on each of our projects. You will collaborate within the UI Art Team and work across the Design, Production, and Engineering departments. Together you will craft rich and immersive interactive experiences that balance the needs of gameplay design and art direction. Our mission is to deliver games that play well and look stunning. We believe that well designed UX when combined finely tuned UI art significantly enhances the game play experiences we offer. We can’t achieve these goals and build our phenomenal games without you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design, create and implement amazing UI Graphics
- Creatively engage with teams across the studio to drive the visual look of our titles
- Develop solutions within functional requirements and aesthetic guidelines that align with agreed technical constraints
- Adapt to the different art styles required by differing projects
- Collaborate with Leads and Directors to help define, build, and maintain cohesive UI Style Guides for our projects
- Author documentation to communicate the overall vision, design, and interface of our titles for internal and external audiences
- Support development partners by preparing packages of work, providing constructive feedback, and assisting the delivery of content to quality and schedule
- Ensure an overall high-quality level of UI art by keeping up to date with technical innovation and graphical style trends
What We’re Looking For:
- At least one AAA title shipped
- A portfolio showcasing your Graphic, Motion Design and Typography skills
- Highly developed craft skills in Adobe Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects or equivalent
- A proven ability to create visually cohesive animations, logos, icons, and illustrations
- Excellent eye for detail and quality
- Basic knowledge of scripting - HTML, CSS, XML, XAML or similar
- Experience implementing UI Art and Animations in a proprietary engine / Unreal Engine
- Understanding of working within memory constraints while balancing artistic intentions
You Might Also Have:
- Written HTML/XAML or equivalent
- 3D asset creation skills
- Knowledge of Noesis GUI implementation
Hangar 13 prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request reasonable accommodation.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that Hangar 13 and 2K never use instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologise for any inconvenience.