Apply for this job
Location: London (Oval), incl. flex, United Kingdom
Salary: £45,000- £65,000
Zen builds and scales online marketplaces which revolutionise the way organisations manage short and long term recruitment needs.
In 2017 we launched Zen Educate, an online platform that has saved UK schools over £5M to date in supply teaching and recruitment costs.
Using our platform, schools have access to thousands of profiles of fully vetted teachers, who they can book at a click of a button. Think Uber for teachers. Building on this success, we launched Zen Locum last summer - an online platform that matches locums (temporary workers) with pharmacies and opticians - and are similarly having significant traction.
We are well-funded by high-profile investors and are led by start-up veterans behind two of London's most prominent tech companies.
Looking to make a difference?
You’ll be joining Zen in a key position. Product is at the heart of how we deliver for schools and teachers and you’ll play a key role in building and running our product function to make sure we are building the right thing and building it right. We’re still young and you’ll play a significant role in the development of the company and team.
The product delivery team is a crucial part of how Zen will help both transform the supply and recruitment experience for schools and generate the savings the education system needs. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to apply themselves for a great cause and with great responsibility and autonomy to shape the product for years to come.
What we are looking for
- Top performer that wants to be part of a high-performing, motivated team
- Growth mindset – dedicated to improving your skills as a professional
- Passion for building great products and companies that have a positive social impact
- Strong bias to action
- Excellent people skills for working with both our customers and teams at Zen
- What you’ll be doing
- Working in multidisciplinary delivery team
- Customer research
- Making designs
- Working with and building design systems
- Working closely with developers and product managers to test designs and see them to production as intended
- UX and design experience including wire-framing, building high-fidelity mock-ups, and applying design thinking to solve business problems
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or other design tools
- Some knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
- Prior experience designing and building products
- Strong communication skills, comfortable walking through designs to the team and the company
- History of creating products with strong user experience and high-quality design
What's in it for you?
- Work that you want to talk about
- Competitive salary
- Life insurance
- Ownership in the company
- 25+ days of holiday
- Summer hours with shorter days during holidays in August and an early Friday finish
- Convenient Central London office with perks like fresh fruit, yoga classes, bike parking, showers and an on-site gym and café
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem that makes a difference
- We support flexible working arrangements — many of the product development team work remotely — while also recognising the value of face-to-face interactions with other teams as needed.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Diversity and Inclusion
At Zen, we strive to build a culture of equity and inclusion, where everyone is respected, valued and appreciated for their unique traits, experiences and perspectives. We are committed to creating a safe, inclusive and equitable environment where our team can thrive, regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, disability, religion or beliefs. We value our differences and believe that practices of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion help us create a fairer, more compassionate environment for all.
We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and different experiences and perspectives — just like the staff who teach through Zen and the children at the schools we work with. We believe in hiring the best people from the widest pool and creating an inclusive culture where people’s voices are heard and all our team can look forward to coming to work.
We are committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and promoting an equitable and inclusive environment for all. We seek out diverse opinions, beliefs, and experiences because they collectively make us stronger; we’ve had former teachers, pilots, fundraisers, engineers, lawyers, marketers, social media experts and more join our team.