Who we are:
Veson Nautical is a well-established software company that provides the maritime commerce industry with a standard platform to streamline operations, optimize logistics, offer insightful analytics, and drive unparalleled efficiency.
In this role, you will be working in Veson Nautical's VesselsValue division. VesselsValue provides online delivered data and analytical products to the Maritime sector.
Interested in transforming the way the maritime industry works? At Veson Nautical we are seeking a UX Designer to join our growing design team where you will help define and deliver a world class user experience for our market leading software solutions. As a UX Designer at Veson, you’ll work with other talented Designers, Product Managers, and Developers to help bring new and exciting features to our users.
- Work with the UX team to design a consistent user experience across our products
- Collaborate with Product teams to create wireframes, prototypes, and UI specifications
- Collaborate with Engineers to ensure that our users can execute complex workflows in the most efficient manner
- Contribute to shared design guidelines, patterns, and libraries across product teams
- Participate in research and gather feedback from users to validate work
- Leverage data paired with direct user feedback to plan improvements to workflow, interaction with our company, and overall product interface
- Evangelize design thinking throughout the company
Skills/Experience needed to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years of UX design experience
- Hands-on creative and systems thinker
- Experience with industry-standard design tools and Product Design processes
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and the role that the User Experience & Design plays within the software development lifecycle
- Experience designing in an iterative agile fashion as a member of one or more scrum teams
- Experience participating in usability workshops and collaborative design sessions
- Able to distill complex business requirements into high fidelity mock-ups and user journeys
- Emphasizes and enables use of data to drive decisions and direction
- Excels at working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively across all departments within the organization
- Pragmatic in design approach, weighing viability of delivery against a larger cost ideal delivery
- Online portfolio is required
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. While we try to be thorough with our job descriptions, not everything about you as a candidate can be condensed into a list of bullet points.
More about Veson:
We are a team of multi-cultural, multi-disciplined professionals that are dedicated to making our clients successful and charting a new, innovative course for the commercial marine industry. Veson Nautical employs a staff of extremely capable creators and innovators all focused on meeting the goals of our clients. We invest extensively in employee development and experience to maintain focus and enthusiasm. The Veson Nautical team is made up of a dynamic blend of engineers, artists, sailors, teachers, brokers, bankers, traders, consultants, and customer service experts.
Veson Nautical is a successful, rapidly growing global software company. Our clients are the world’s leading commercial maritime owners, operators and commodity trading companies. Veson’s solutions enable our clients to identify new opportunities and proactively manage their business to make more profitable decisions. With offices in London, Singapore, Seoul, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Oslo, Manila, Tokyo, Houston as well as other locations and headquarters in Boston, USA, Veson Nautical is a dynamic organization with a committed team of professionals. Dedicated to ensuring the highest levels of client satisfaction, Veson Nautical brings decades of experience, technical knowledge, enthusiasm, and commitment to clients around the world. The combination of exceptional market growth and leading market position make this a superb opportunity for the right candidate.