Apply for this job
Our mission is to open the door to the life-changing impact of education and help make education accessible for all. As a nimble growth stage start-up, we've emerged as the leading online education platform helping over 30 million learners and educators each month. Study.com has earned numerous awards and it has been recognized as one of the most transformational companies in EdTech, living up to our commitment to all learners: Breakthroughs Start Here. From students and educators in over 9,000 school districts that use Study.com, to working adults striving to complete their college degree or gain professional certifications, we empower them to reach their full potential. Our product is our impact! Across our college programs alone we have saved students over $200M in tuition and enabled tens of thousands to become nurses, teachers, accountants and more. Additionally, as part of our mission we’ve donated over $27 million across social impact programs to learners and educators.
Study.com requires vaccination and boosters for all employees and we work in a hybrid environment.
As an individual contributor on a fast-paced scrum team, you will strive to create world-class user experiences that balance the needs of the user with the needs of the business. We work iteratively, combining qualitative user feedback with structured A/B testing to make great products.
We are looking for a strong UX Designer with experience across product, SEO and growth design. You are comfortable working on web, mobile, and a range of types of projects from strategic information architecture projects to incremental UI experiments to increase results of our conversion funnel.
You should be able to take a project from user research through ideation, user journeys, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, and communication with the development team. Your portfolio should reflect all aspects of the UX design process, not just the beautiful, finished product.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact and help with our mission to make education accessible. There will be new challenges every day!
- Responsible for designing end to end user experiences from logged out, registration and logged in product experience
- Work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers to improve the user experience. This includes participating in workshops, design reviews and facilitating the team to solve problems and reach the teams goals
- Adapt your design process to the needs of each project, creating journey maps, flow diagrams, wire frames, prototypes, visual mock-ups, etc. as needed for both solutioning and communication
- Navigate a fast-paced Agile environment requiring both self-direction and team collaboration
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to identify future improvements and design changes
- Contribute to design team initiatives such as design system, user research and AI initiatives
- 3+ years experience in UX Design, with proficient skills in UX, interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and user research
- Familiarity with Figma?or ability to come up to speed quickly
- Experience with A/B testing and SEO optimization
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience building prototypes of varying fidelities
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
$110,000 - $130,000 a year
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity, and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. Our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
· Inc. Best Place to Work
· Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
· Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
· San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
· 3:2 hybrid work schedule
· 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
· 401(k) with employer match
· 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
· 10 paid holidays
· Work at home setup stipend
· Company-sponsored gym memberships
· Free Caltrain Pass
· Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements.
Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.