OilX is seeking a UI/UX Designer to join the growing design team in Athens. As a UX/UI Designer, you will work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, product owners, and product people and have a key role at all stages of product development. You will be at the forefront of designing a full-functional and user-centric product that meet the evolving user needs and UX/UI principles and taking into account the customer’s feedback.
The design team focuses on enhancing the existing product and creating new features from scratch as well as on evolving the unified design system. The day-to-day work at OilX will include defining the requirements, providing creative solutions, as well as preparing wireframes, high-fidelity designs for development and interactive prototypes.
We would love to work with people that are keen to work in systems, validate their work with research and testing and communicate their ideas to the rest of the team.
We would love to onboard people who are self-motivated, eager to acquire new skills and like working on a diversity of tasks.
You will spend most of your time working with user needs and feedback, putting your design skills and creativity to good use.
- Report to Senior Product Designer and Project Manager of the project you’re working on.
- Work closely with the rest of the team and discussing new features and improvements.
- Create high quality designs, including wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Keep updated and evolving our design system.
- Work closely with the team of developers to ensure accurate implementation of the designs and specifications.
- Stay up to date on design trends, tools, best practices, and industry standards.
- Proven experience in any similar design role, with a minimum of 2 years of design experience, preferably in B2B products.
- A portfolio showcasing past work experience and deliverables.
- Experience with team planning tools such as Jira and design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), Figma, or other relevant advanced design software (we use Figma).
- Experience in maintaining and evolving design systems.
- Experience working with responsive and adaptive design.
- Good understanding of user-centric design, UI/UX principles and interaction design.
- Ability to propose options and preferences to guide decisions.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Fluent in the English language is a must.
- Be an active listener and enjoy getting feedback from non-designers.
- Knowledge of the Shipping and Commodity trading industries.
- Familiarity with user research process and tools (user interviews, usability testing, user flows, user personas, etc.).
- Understanding of accessibility standards and basic concepts.
- Familiarity working with agile methodologies.
Founded in 2018 by Dr. Florian Thaler, and a proud member of the EA Group, OilX is a leading data and analytics SaaS provider for accelerating the energy transition. We’re on a mission to digitally twin the world’s energy supply chains. At OilX we use the latest developments in Machine Learning and Satellite Data to provide accurate data analysis tools to energy trading professionals. We are a fast-growing, award-winning scaleup.
Culture & benefits
The proud recipient of accreditation from Best Companies, we truly understand the importance of workplace engagement and genuinely value our people. We offer a fast-paced, driven, collaborative and dynamic working culture where you are recognised and rewarded for your contributions to our tremendous growth story.
Our compensation package includes annual bonus, a company shares options scheme, private health insurance, and considerable holiday time.
Energy Aspects is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity within its workforce. As an international business we are determined that suitably qualified persons will never receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.