Do you want to work on projects where you can lead design conversations, facilitate workshops, and drive product design excellence for some of Australasia’s leading companies?
Dream of working in a place you can call home rather than have to change your career every two years to get ahead?
Want to be part of a team that focuses on getting the job done and having a good time while doing it?
If you answered yes...then we should talk!
We’re Sandfield and we build smart software solutions for some of Australasia’s top brands.
We’re working on some pretty cool projects right now, and there’s plenty more in our pipeline...and are now looking for an experienced UX/UI designer to join our awesome team.
We’re a leading, Kiwi-owned software business that prides itself on NOT just being a conventional tech company.
We've been backing ourselves and our ability to create great solutions for clients, since we first opened our doors in 1989. Since then, we’ve developed some pretty innovative systems for clients, leaving other, more high-profile software packages in the dust.
Our work facilitates high-performance supply chains for the likes of Mainfreight, Qube and HW Richardsons and keeps millions of orders and data points flowing for Foodstuffs. It also manages business finances for Team Global Express and Green Acres, helps fill seats on the Interislander for KiwiRail and keeps Les Mills members engaged...plus so much more.
Our pitch to you
We guarantee you that ‘every day’ will be interesting, varied, challenging and fun! You’ll get to work with a range of other smart developers of all levels, who also happen to be really great people.
They’re mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, runners, active relaxers, video gamers, animal lovers, movie buffs, gym buffs, foodies, wine critics, bakers and musicians. They’re also family people, single people, party people, quiet people, loud people and happy people.
Our collaborative culture is at the centre of everything we do at Sandfield, making it a pretty special workplace. We know this because people also don’t tend to leave - i.e. the average length of service here is at least five years.
We also have a beer fridge, funky offices and ‘fun food Fridays’!
But don’t just take our word for it - here’s what our people say about Working at Sandfield
As an organisation, we’re also very conscious of our environmental footprint and are currently on a journey to become carbon neutral in the very near future.
You will be an experienced UX/UI designer who will lead our design initiatives, leading conversations, facilitating design workshops, and driving product design excellence. You will be collaborating with our team of over 100 Developers to support them in delivering exceptional user experiences that give our customers the edge. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead Conversations with Customers: Engage with clients to understand their needs and transform their vision into intuitive, user-centric design solutions.
- UX Design Expertise: Leverage your solid background in UX design to create seamless and delightful user experiences that exceed expectations.
- Facilitate Design Workshops: Lead collaborative sessions to ideate and brainstorm innovative design concepts, ensuring a cross-functional approach to problem-solving.
- Product Design Leadership: Drive the product design capabilities across our talented team, inspiring creativity and maintaining design consistency throughout the development process.
- Figma Mastery: As a Figma maestro, you'll be at the forefront of design collaboration, using the tool to its fullest potential for efficient prototyping and collaboration.
- Prototyping Excellence: Bring concepts to life through interactive wireframes and prototypes, effectively communicating design and interaction ideas to stakeholders.
- UI Design Across Platforms: Ensuring a cohesive and visually appealing experience across mobile and web platforms.
- Trendsetting Visionary: Stay ahead of the curve by providing insights into emerging design trends.
- Responsive Design: Align your design style seamlessly with responsive layouts, ensuring a flawless experience across devices.
Make your next move with us!
If you want to join a great team and be part of the driving force behind some innovative tech solutions for a range of top companies in this part of the world, then let’s talk!
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if you are not in NZ (unless you are a New Zealand citizen)