We are currently seeking a talented UI/UX Designer to have the ability to understand complex systems and workflows and translate them into simple and effective user interfaces. Projects are primarily browser-based tools for internal use, such as CMSs, dashboards, and microservices. The successful UX/UI Designer will be an effective communicator, a willing collaborator, and an expert on current best practices in software development.
- We develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects. As such, we only bring an “A” team to the table, through hard work and a desire to lead the industry — this is our company culture — this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
- This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture. Some flexibility to work remote for the right candidate.
- UI/UX Designer (Greater NY Region- Open to some Remote near the area)
- U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099)
- No Agencies***
- Collaborate with team members, product managers, and stakeholders to design and implement web applications for internal platforms and B2B services
- Distill complex interactions into simple, intuitive user experiences. Deliver human-centered, creative, and implementable design concepts
- Create user flows, wireframes, site maps, customer journey maps, and other tools to guide the product development process
- Define, plan, and conduct qualitative research and refine your design based on feedback
- Create high-fidelity mockups and work with engineers and product managers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions
- Develop comprehensive annotated design specifications and functional documentation for our engineering team
- Collaborate with the engineering team to identify and develop UI patterns and reusable components
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience as a UX designer/UI Developer
- Experience designing dashboards a big plus
- Experience working with development teams on CMSs
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries
- Ability to understand complex technical and project details, and communicate them simply to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, UXPin, Figma, Zeppelin, Adobe CC, LucidChart, G-Suite
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, and attention-to-detail
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and JQuery for rapid prototyping a plus
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.