Driving the Lab of the Future
We set out to create a digital lab assistant that works quietly alongside scientists, taking on mundane tasks and freeing scientists to think creatively about big scientific problems.
Scientific data comes in many forms, from many different sources. LabTwin is the first digital tool specifically designed to integrate scientific data and simplify workflows for scientists and lab managers. With LabTwin, scientists can access and capture data hands-free at the point of experimentation, allowing real-time data-driven decisions.
By making it quicker and easier to access and record information, LabTwin’s digital lab assistant saves scientists time and money, reduces error rates and improves research efficiency.
Where your expertise is needed
We’re looking for a self-driven Product Designer to co-own the LabTwin user experience across platforms. Your mission is to learn what we don't know about our users and create solutions for their biggest problems. We apply an iterative design process: incorporating research & feedback, launching quickly and testing hypotheses. You’ll work from conception to completion: gathering user insights, analyzing user needs and visualizing them through user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity UI designs.
Your Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design interfaces for a range of platforms and contexts, keeping an eye on ease of use and thoughtful details
- Partner with product managers, engineers, user researchers to oversee the development of a product from concept to launch
- Be an integral part of our cross-functional product team by creating conceptual designs, supporting user research, wireframing and UI prototyping, detailed design, usability testing, and implementation
- Collaborate closely with UX research to define research goals and then collect insights and translate them into the product
- Work towards a common goal with product management and software engineers: a rewarding and reliable software product, ultimately enabling users to do their work better
- Immerse yourself in the world of life science to make sure that you understand how the product is helping scientists succeed
- Actively engage in the design team and stay curious about the newest tools, processes, and trends
- Experience designing user interfaces across different platforms; you should be able to show us and explain several samples of design work that you have contributed to
- Working knowledge of tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD and the willingness to learn new things
- Experience working closely with software engineers in an agile setup will be a strong plus
- A proactive and a team player mindset. We have a great challenge to solve as a team and sometimes we all need to redefine our limits to help the team succeed!
- A team with a great mission: Being part of our mission to help passionate and innovative scientists accelerate scientific discovery. A diverse team of experienced interdisciplinary colleagues including life scientists.
- Development: Our commitment to support your professional and personal development. Budget for seminars and conferences, internal training and onsite German courses. Science education, a small demo lab to enable everyone to understand our users better. Room for ownership, creativity, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Flexibility: Flexibility in work schedule, including home office. Meeting free Fridays to focus. 30 days of vacation, as long as you promise to take them all.
- Competitive salary.
- We want you to feel great here: A gym around the corner, healthy snacks. Really good coffee. And you will work in one of the best spaces in central Berlin. A beautiful garden, roof terrace, and grill for a nice evening. And an AC for very hot Berlin summer.