Senior UX Designer
DICK'S Sporting Goods
Inspire a team of award winning UX thinkers to build user-centered experiences that set the standard for customer experience excellence in retail.
You are an empathetic design practitioner who applies user-centered research and design practices to create inspiring, innovative, easy-to-use products, while educating and motivating other designers to do the same.
Welcome to UX at DICK’S Sporting Goods, where technology serves as the hub of great product design. We believe that companies that invest in design practice set the standard for innovation and customer experience excellence in the retail industry. That’s why we thrive on blending UX and Service Design principles to create delightful experiences that connect our customers and associates with the equipment they need to perform their best.
Do you dream about user experience, either literally or figuratively? Are you compassionate towards humans and their need for quality digital experiences? Do you believe that good design is a key player in customer success? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place! We are looking for the next human-centered design advocate to join our team and progress our vision of sporting goods retail excellence.
- You will lead the design for the DICK’S Sporting Goods product team responsible for improving the online checkout experience.
- You seek out innovation in your research and design process to champion new digital experiences that dazzle customers while positively impacting the business.
- You work in a fast paced agile environment, collaborating closely with product managers and software engineers, where you have a heightened level of awareness and understanding regarding business strategy and profitability, as well as software development practices.
- You gather data insights to formulate strategic design decisions during all phases of the product development life cycle.
- Your presentation skills are top notch, and you are well-known for your effective UX storytelling methods when communicating your research and design findings.
- You bring hard core design skills, new ideas, and inspire all around awesomeness on the UX team.
- You are beginning to develop your management skills, where you actively coach and develop junior and mid-level designers.
- You support UX leadership by providing continuous feedback regarding the evolution of team process standards.
Research & Design
- You know how to lead projects and execute research to gather the right insights needed to shape great digital experiences.
- You elicit qualitative and quantitative user feedback through usability testing, survey designs, user interviews, data analysis, heuristic evaluations, exploratory research methods, and other modern research practices.
- You utilize industry standard design tools to create top quality user interfaces, customer interactions, and interactive prototypes.
- Your UI design skills are top-notch and you contribute to establishing, maintaining and approving style guides and pattern libraries.
- You possess an expert level understanding of user-centered design practice through the application of type, color, and motion.
- You have a digital portfolio that demonstrates user-centered research and design practices.
- You’re smart and you have a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or certification in Design, Technology, or a related field to show for it.
- You have 4+ years of UX experience.
- You can put us in contact with 2 references who can tell us how awesome you are.
- Located in Coraopolis, PA, only 12 miles from downtown Pittsburgh!
- Opportunities to travel for research and professional training.
- Corporate campus amenities include a gym, intramural sports program, cafeteria, and coffee shop.
- Tuition reimbursement options.