Senior UX Designer
Gloo, headquartered in beautiful Boulder, Colorado, builds software for people and organizations dedicated to improving lives. We’re leveraging the same exponential tech that’s driving success in other industries and making it available through tools such as big data, custom assessments, an engagement app and eventually an entire market network focused on growth. As one of Boulder’s most successful and innovative tech companies, Gloo needs more talented professionals who are driven to make a positive impact on humanity. Are you one of them?
As a key member of our UX team you will bring a deep understanding of user-centered design processes for administrative Web-based applications to help drive our bold product vision forward. You’ll work hand-in-hand with UX Researchers, Product Owners, and Engineers to understand user needs, then translate those insights into creative solutions for our desktop Web applications. You are a critical, inventive thinker with a great design sense, a deep understanding of information architecture, a passion for data-driven decision making and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively within a cross-functional team. Above all, you are passionate about solving real problems for real people, and bring a positive attitude surrounding the change you can make in the world.
What you’ll be doing:
- Utilizing the Semantic UI framework to design highly intuitive user experiences for our desktop Web applications by evaluating business goals, generative research, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Performing heuristic evaluations of current platform state to uncover and address IA inefficiencies and/or poor UX, then rapidly redesigning those experiences by leveraging your expertise Web-based administrative systems.
- Applying your technical skills to deliver pixel-perfect interfaces directly to Engineers in a tightly-coupled, collaborate process.
- Rapidly iterating on parallel design explorations, wire frames, and prototypes to arrive at elegant, simple, yet powerful solutions to challenging market problems.
- Providing executional precision throughout the course of the design and engineering life cycle, including detailed documentation and design QA.
- Championing the value of user-centered design throughout the organization.
What you’ll bring along:
- Undergraduate degree in HCI, cognitive psychology, product design or a related discipline
- At least 6 years of professional experience as a member of the Product team – not with an agency - utilizing quantitative and qualitative data to drive the design and experience of enterprise-class administrative Web applications..
- Expertise in Sketch, Web-based design kits, component libraries, and a deep belief in the importance of process governance, especially at scale.
- Strength in information architecture, wire framing, interaction design, rapid prototyping and the restraint to properly iterate in an agile development process
- Expert level knowledge of user-centered design methodologies with the desire to influence and mentor the team in the value across a multidisciplinary team.
- Deep understanding of usability heuristics in order to properly apply them across a variety of ecosystem properties
- Superior communication skills and presentation skills, with an ability to transfer ideas to a diverse audience of executives, product managers, software engineers, salespeople, then constructively integrate feedback
- Love working with people and play well as a member of the team
- Driven to help others – it feeds your soul
Our team members enjoy:
- Compensation and bonus commensurate with experience
- Plenty of time off to help you stay balanced
- Medical with HSA contribution
- A dynamic, talented team, dedicated to changing the world and building an incredible business
- Beautiful office space in downtown Boulder on Pearl Street, steps from coffee shops and blocks from hiking trails
- Company Happy Hour Fridays
- Fresh fruit, snacks, coffee and sodas
Applications welcomed from those who are US Citizens or hold a Green Card.