U.Group is an advanced technology and creative design company radically focused on using customer-centric innovation to create new opportunities in the public and private sectors. Working collaboratively out of offices in Arlington, VA, Washington, DC, Portland, OR, and in the heart of the action at client sites—U.Group delivers best-in-class digital services, powerful data platforms, augmented reality solutions, integrated marketing strategies, bundled services, and more. To learn more, visit www.U.Group.
Great product experiences don’t happen by accident. At U.Group, the user experience team designs and delivers innovative custom software products through human-centered design at every phase of our projects. Our customers count on us to help them solve really tough problems and gain actionable insights from complex data. Our job is to ensure a project’s business needs aligns with that of their intended users. Strategy is a critical component of our design process, and we have a high degree of interaction with our customers as well as U.Group’s engineering, data science, and program management teams. We are committed to driving a design-led culture at U.Group through internal and external collaborations that result in high-quality deliverables that keep projects on track and user-focused.
Citizenship Status: US Citizenship required and have resided in the U.S. for three of the past five years.
Location: DC Metro Region | Arlington, VA
Clearance: Ability to obtain public trust or higher
Objective #1: Lead visual design and strategy for one or more projects
- Identify user and organizational needs through formal interviews, informal conversations, contextual inquiry, workshops, and analytics research.
- Identify visual design opportunities through exercises such as brand/interface audits, comparative or competitive analyses, gap analyses, and system mapping, and make recommendations based on what you discover.
- Navigate complex organizational relationships to bring stakeholders together around shared design systems or visual identity goals and priorities.
- Give partners and peers advice they need to hear versus what they want to hear, in a manner that respects their intelligence and experience.
Objective #2: Deliver high-quality, user-centered visual design for U.Group customers and partners.
- Create clear, inclusive, accessible, and extensible visual styles and components in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Iterate quickly by collaborating on prototypes at various levels of fidelity.
- Incorporate continuous feedback from users, peers, and stakeholders by leading design-focused usability and critique sessions.
- Collaborate with engineers to implement and review work products collaboratively.
Objective #3: Contribute to the continued success of the visual design discipline at U.Group.
- Continually promote U.Group’s way of working by making a strong case for iterative, user-centered design on every project.
- Share your work in an unfinished state and give peer feedback in weekly critique sessions.
- Learn about accessible and inclusive visual design practices and evangelize them throughout your work and partnerships.
Life at U.Group
We encourage our colleagues to lead balanced lives. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flexible spending, 20 days paid time off, and paid holidays. We also offer:
Flex Time and Remote Work Options
Education reimbursement program
Transit/parking subsidy program
Parental Leave Policy
Professional Development Program
401(k) with Company Match
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
U.Group shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.