Senior UI Artist
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 180 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for a talented and passionate Senior UI Artist to join our Halo team! Working collaboratively with a team of artists and designers, you will be responsible for creating high-quality interfaces that result in a world-class user experience for players. We are looking for someone with a good understanding of visual and UX design for games, but whose true skills and passion lie in art. Come put your talent to work on the next big Halo experience!
- Design, implement and optimize exceptional UI art assets for Halo Infinite
- Work with the UI Art Lead to help define the look and feel of the game's user interface
- Integrate assets using proprietary UI toolset and game engine
- Build wireframes and high-fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Work collaboratively with UX designers to ensure we're creating an intuitive and compelling user experience
- Communicate effectively with both internal team members and our external partners
- Work closely with production, engineering and design to come up with solutions for complex UI challenges
- 5+ years of experience in UI art and/or visual design within the games industry
- Strong understanding of UX design
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Experience working with 3D software such as Maya, 3DS Max or Cinema 4D
- Strong technical skills and ability to easily pick up new software and technologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to iterate quickly to determine the best solutions for UI and visual design
- Able to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience shipping titles on PC and/or console
- Post-secondary education in graphic design or a related field
- Experience leading a team
- A passion for games!
Along with your resume, we ask that you please provide an up-to-date portfolio that demonstrates your UI art skills.
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 180+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.