With Smart Pension growing at a rapid rate and a lot more products, projects and innovative ideas in the pipeline, we are now looking to add a Senior UI Designer to our team. With a creative eye and a real attention to detail, we will be looking for someone to really push the boundaries of design - challenge us on what we do and how we do it, whilst working within our brand guidelines, deliver new and exciting ways for us to get our messaging across creatively.
As a User Interface designer, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our applications are clear, easy to use and on-brand. You’ll use and extend our UI style guide, working collaboratively with UX Leads and copywriters to create compelling user journeys. This role in particular is vital to us establishing and implementing a Design System around everything we do.
- Provide UI design services on substantial web projects.
- Work with and extend UI style guides.
- Work collaboratively with other UX leads, Copywriters, Product Owners, UI designers and various other kinds of business stakeholder.
- Experience implementing a design system way of working across different front end frameworks (like Angular, Ember, React).
- Building design components into a CMS theme.
- Establishing and promoting design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- A deep understanding of Design Systems and how to structure them within toolsets and code.
- First-hand experience of designing and implementing a Design System.
- Relevant degree and / or equivalent industry experience.
- Work experience from within a fast paced, scaling technology company.
- Using Figma and its more advanced features such as nested components and resizing constraints. (experience with other technologies considered)
There is some flexibility in these requirements - we understand if you're exceptional in one area, but you're not so strong in others. You also don’t need to have experience in the finance or pension industry to work with us, but it is important that you’ve worked on some projects that have reasonably complex transactional user interfaces.
You’re expected to have a baseline level of knowledge of the items in the list below so you can have constructive conversations with your colleagues in those roles. We consider it a “nice to have” if you have hands-on experience in any of the following:
- Modern front end development
- Qualitative User Research (e.g. usability testing)
- User Experience Design (e.g. running workshops, creating wireframes, storyboards, process flows, etc)
- Copywriting for the web
- Experience in the US, preferably in Finance or Pensions.
At Smart, we're a diverse team, made up of people from different backgrounds, experiences and skills. Our goal is to build great products to help people plan for their financial futures. We’re constantly developing new ideas to help people look after their pension schemes, in the UK and abroad. We’ve grown to a team of over 200 talented people, all dedicated to creating the best experience for our customers. If you think you can help, come and work with us.
Our updated Recruitment Data Policy is here https://www.autoenrolment.co.uk/pdfs/careers/recru... Please click on the link if you have any questions about how we store your data or to know your rights.
- £500 personal training budget to spend on books, courses, conferences or training materials to help you develop.
- Health Insurance (via Equipsme) including Dental, Eyecare and EAP.
- Death in Service via Unum (4 x Base Salary).
- Season ticket loans.
- 5 week sabbatical after 5 years.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays. 1 extra day holiday after 2 years and then every year up to a max of 30 days holiday.
- Free nails and barbers once a month.
- Massage twice a month (only £5 for all employees) with the money going to Smart's Charity.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity (maternity - 6 months fully paid / paternity - 3 weeks fully paid).
- Access to PerkBox.
- Access to Smart Rewards.
- Pension scheme via salary sacrifice. Smart Pension will match your contributions up to 5% of your salary.
- Cycle to work scheme.