UI/UX Product Designer
Veyo is using its platform and app-based transportation services to reinvent the medical logistics world. Our company is using technology to pioneer new operational models to help make transportation more powerful and more reliable for the healthcare industry.
When you work at Veyo, you’re helping to solve one of the nation’s growing healthcare challenges -- ensuring patients get to and from their medical appointments, safely and on-time. We are using smart design and innovative technology to make patient transportation safer and more connected. In the process, we’re transforming the entire industry.
We're looking for an experienced software product designer, to join our growing product team. At Veyo, you'll define the details of our product design, by focusing on multiple facets of the process including UX research, interaction design, prototyping, hi-fidelity mockups etc. While working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including our talented product management, engineering, mobile, data science and marketing teams. You'll bring exceptional focus to the quality of our products and customer experiences.
What You’ll Do at Veyo:
- Take the lead on the design process for one of our software products.
- Work through a complete design process, from stakeholder research, developing wireframe prototypes, testing and creating hi-fidelity designs.
- Work on multiple design projects at one time with a variety of teams.
- Think big to distill complicated problems into simple and elegant design solutions.
- Explore multiple ux solutions and workflows for new product features and enhancements.
- Work in a collaborative agile environment and thrive in an environment with short feedback loops
- Constantly pushing the work and excited to polish to a final design solution
The Skills and Experience We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years Product design experience, with a focus on app across Android, iOS and web, across a variety of platforms and form factors
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and have applied these skills in past projects.
- Strong design and typographic skills with a visual aptitude (color theory, and layout)
- Proficiency with design tools including Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience prototyping using Axure, Framer, InVision, HTML/CSS/JS, After Effects or pen and paper
- Superb attention to detail
- Experience using data to inform design and product decisions
- Ability to clearly communicate design rationale and conceptual ideas.
- Able to adapt and learn quickly and stay calm under high pressure situations
- Degree in design or a related field
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative product design solutions for web, desktop applications and/or mobile devices
- Bonus skills include: visualizing data, front-end coding, motion graphics
As is typical in startups, we’re looking for people that love the opportunity to be involved in strategy and management at the top level, but also aren’t scared to get their hands dirty and do what needs to be done to make things happen!! We move quickly, and our team doesn’t know the meaning of “not my job.” We want people that want to get things done and can check their ego at the door.
If you want to join an amazing team, work in sunny San Diego, and love what you do, then we want to meet you.
We like the following personality traits: Friendly, social, outgoing, positive, passionate, cool under pressure, detail-oriented, deadline oriented, quick learner, multi-tasker, great sense of humor.
We’re looking for people that love the opportunity to be involved in strategy and management at the top level, but also aren’t scared to get their hands dirty and do what needs to be done to make things happen! We move quickly, and our team doesn’t know the meaning of “not my job.” We want people that want to get things done and can check their ego at the door.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. This position is only for candidates legally allowed to work in the US. EOE.
Veyo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Veyo participates in the E-Verify program for all locations.