About the Role
It is said that good design is good business. As our UX Writer for the Design team, you'll be instrumental in helping Gojek Vietnam consistently achieve this goal. With your stellar design-thinking, research, and data-driven capabilities, you'll help translate business goals, technical problems, and research points into words/copy. You'll get to write for a range of audiences, produce multiple design point-of-views and solutions, conduct small to large research projects, and collaborate with a talented troop of writers and designers within the company.
What You Will Do
- Work closely and under the supervision of your Writer lead and follow the predefined process set by the team
- Understand product briefs and present ideas/solutions to the team
- Effectively deliver features and improvements in a well-defined manner
- Attend design reviews and give critiques accordingly
- Proactively seek feedback about your work and knowledge about UX
- Participate in end-to-end design processes with peer researchers, designers, as well as the Product and Engineering team, among others
- Own your assigned streams and manage your own tasks
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders
What You Will Need
- At least 1 year of experience in the UX/advertising/creative writing industry
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese; strong grammar knowledge for both languages
- Strong understanding of writing fundamentals, such as structured/critical/creative thinking, to develop your writing output
- Strong understanding of product design and design-thinking frameworks to develop your writing
- An insatiable curiosity to know your users, and how to make their lives better
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty to find out the root cause of an issue, or to validate your design, either through quantitative or qualitative research
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
About the Team
The Gojek Design Team is made up of ~130 designers spread across 2 countries and ~7 teams. We have people from a wide range of backgrounds and skills, experts in the field of Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, UX Writing, Illustration, Service Design, UX Research, and Motion Design. We band together to bring the visual elements of our products and services to life, ones that work to improve the lives of our users.
Because our team is so diverse, we enjoy learning about each other's cultures and ways of life. Our family is concerned not only with the protection and growth of the company, but our own personal growth and well-being, too. It's a particularly exciting time to join our team as we are currently working on scaling our Groceries service - a rapidly growing grocery platform in Indonesia (and hopefully the wider Southeast Asian region, soon!).
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.