The job in short
Within our fast-growing fintech scale-up, we are looking for a UI Designer to join the Design Team to continue to elevate our product experience within our Customer Success department across EMEA. Looking for the next step in your career with the right amount of challenge, personal growth and great career opportunities? Do you enjoy working with a multicultural team and with international customers? This might just be the position for you!
Meet the job
Within this multicultural, highly collaborative role, you will help facilitate conversations to materialise and elevate our customers’ brand through our SaaS products. You are a visual designer and user interface specialist in one. Within the development team you will work on the look and feel of our SaaS Fintech products. Your designs have a direct impact on banking customers across the region. Your experience with design systems will allow you to efficiently work with the tools to theme customer journeys with delight.
You are confident in your approach and are able to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders. Your prototyping skills are spot-on and your files and processes are organised. Collaboration with UX designers and front-end/mobile developers is key, together, taking product from prototyping right into the hands of real customers.
You’ve either worked within the fintech world or with complex journeys and most importantly, are passionate about customer experience. You have broad experience in designing for web and mobile applications. You take initiative where necessary within the team. If you happen to also be a native French speaker, then that's a great bonus.
- A good working understanding of tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Hotjar, Firebase, etc.;
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to talk about your design decisions in a succinct manner;
- Ensuring that the Backbase Design System is maintained within each project and synchronized with the team;
- Multi-platform experience and a passion for Fintech.
How about you
- Proactive, with a natural enthusiasm for user-centred design;
- Experience with, or exposure to Brand development & tone of voice highly desirable;
- You have a positive attitude with humility and compassion;
- You enjoy exploring the latest trends in design and software;
- Someone interested in UX and eager to learn more about user testing and other design skills;
- Practical experience with handling challenging conversations with various stakeholders;
- Between 3-5 years professional experience in the domain of UI/Visual Design, with at least 2 years in Customer Success or customer facing roles;
- A degree in Digital Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design or similar areas (Master’s degree a plus);
- Experience in brand and marketing communications is a definite plus;
- Ability to travel when required.