Senior User Experience Designer
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is seeking a Senior UX Designer to help bring the company’s emerging digital experience platform product line to life. We are looking for innovators; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of user experience to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help Acquia become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences.
You’ll be joining a talented team of researchers and designers creating breakthrough products for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal. Our customers are a savvy, demanding group; you and this team are responsible for delivering best-in-class applications in a fast-paced, agile, growth-oriented environment.
Acquia offers fabulous company benefits and a fast paced, highly motivated, enormously fun work environment, not to mention a career with great growth potential.
- Design and deliver best-in-class user experiences (e.g., user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes), in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Work with UX researchers to fully understand, and become a strong advocate for, our customer’s needs and the designs necessary to address them
- Lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes, compositions, and assets)
- Translate business and product requirements into visually beautiful concepts and highly-usable responsive experiences. You must be flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
- Partner with our UX researchers to test and iterate design concepts
- Collaborate with the broader team to identify strategic research needs and customer experience improvement opportunities
- Develop and ensure best design practices and communicate quality expectations across the organization
- Spend time with Acquia customers, prospects, partners, and internal stakeholders to understand user needs and evaluate designs
- Demonstrate a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills
- 3+ years experience
- A thorough understanding of user-centered design, with excellent hands-on visual design skills and an ability to translate customer insights into a design vision
- Proficiency in software tools such as Figma, InVision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment (e.g., engineering, product management) running design workshops and critiques
- A demonstrated growth mindset (you are curious and interested in learning)
- Experience designing information visualizations and analytics-based decision support applications
- Ability to multitask, prioritize requests, communicate with stakeholders, and meet expected milestones
- Examples of prior work and/or accomplishments are required
- Experience with SaaS product design and development
- Experience working within a large scale marketing organization (or Customer Experience team)
- Familiarity with personalization, web development best practices, and cloud architecture
- Experience with enterprise software development and/or Drupal experience
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.