Senior UX Researcher
We are looking for an experienced and talented digital UX Researcher to join our growing UX and product team.
The Researcher is responsible for all aspects of research planning, recruiting, moderation, analysing and reporting for both generative (participatory design) and evaluation (usability testing) research. You will be using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will be comfortable working with data - from gathering and analysis through to presentation.
HYD is a new type of digital consultancy. We change through designing great digital products. We don’t do projects, we do partnerships. This means that we become a natural extension of our client’s businesses. Helping them to create impactful digital experiences for customers, employees and patients.
Based in the heart of London, HYD (formerly Mobile5) was established in 2011 as the first “Mobile First” agency. Our working philosophy seeks to marry the variety of working in an agency with the depth of working client-side.
We have produced some amazingly cool work for our clients who include tier one brands like; Samsung, Canon, HP-Snapfish, PlayStation, GSK, Jaguar, Renault & Renault sport, Virgin Media, Greggs, Xbox, Microsoft, John Lewis, Waitrose, Stagecoach and many more.
Culture & People
Even though we're part of a wider network we've stayed true to our roots with a culture and atmosphere of a start up.
We are a talented bunch of technical specialist, designers, creative technologists, relationship managers, and strategists, all under one roof. We enjoy regular social outings together, and foster an environment that is inclusive and people first. We're looking to continue to build a culture where we produce excellent work and have fun while doing it.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying and prioritising short-term and long-term research that delivers impact.
- Conducting research throughout the product life cycle. Using research to advocate for product changes on behalf of our products users.
- Delivering accurate and usable insights by using a wide variety of methods such as: field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote and in person), ideation workshops, and any other methods you find impactful.
- Review, analyse, and communicate qualitative and quantitative data to produce strategic insights, and applicable recommendations that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy.
- Develop personas and stories to promote empathy with users among stakeholders.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research initiatives.
- Help build the process and toolkit for UX research including of above methods.
- Promoting user centered design principles and best practice across the organisation.
You will have:
- In-depth knowledge of driving impact through delivering actionable insights and follow through to their implementation.
- Proficiency in a wide variety of qualitative & quantitative research methods - comfortable working with social science statistics a big plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to have open, direct, and respectful conversations to reach the best possible design solutions as a team.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- 2+ years of experience in research related to software and digital experiences
- Previous experience with Data analytics and Sharepoint is desirable.
- Flexible remote working arrangement (at the moment as long as you can work on the same timezone and be in London at 2 days notice, at your own expense, then we trust you can do your best work from anywhere)
- 25 days annual leave (plus all bank holidays etc)
- Fantastic networking & learning opportunities as an agency that’s part of the Omnicom Group
- Departmental budget allocated for learning and development
- Great working space just behind the Tate Modern (when you need it + we can all return) with 7th-floor views over London