Quantitative UX Researcher
At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We're a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We're looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time UX Quantitative Researcher to join our team in Winnipeg.
As one of our first researchers, you will be able to shape how our organization views and prioritizes interactions between humans and technology. Your contribution will inspire the beginning of an impactful, service design oriented practice where your research directly affects industry leading products.
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with Product, Design, Marketing, Insights, Strategy, and UXR teams to fill the gaps in our customer journeys and inspire customer empathy within the organization
- Conducting quantitative research projects to inform Neo’s product roadmap and help build a world class user experience
- Identifying and validating sentiment through quantitative methods such as self-reported data (eg. surveys, card sorting)
- Apply technical survey question design methods (i.e. MaxDiff, Van Westendorp, etc.) when necessary to appropriate projects
- Applying mixed methods to joint initiatives with other teams to fully uncover user problems
- Knowledge and familiarity capturing behavioral data experiments, observations (eg. Google Analytics, iterable data) in order to work closely with behavioral analysts and other teams to inform research topics and questions
- Identify the tools and processes needed to create and groom an engaged participant feedback pool. This may also integrate into Customer Experience outreach tools, such as Zendesk
- Find creative ways to visualize data to communicate and share insights across many teams
- Knowledge sharing is at the core of our team, you’ll learn from other researchers as well as mentor others on your area of expertise with data collection and visualization
- Apply your knowledge and feedback to other collaborative projects with other teams
Who we're looking for:
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Sociology, Psychology, other social sciences or equal experience of transferable skills
- Someone who is excited to share the value of human-centered research and is enthusiastic to champion the voice of the user
- An active contributor and leader in establishing and expanding user empathy
- Experience with R, Python, DataBricks, Optimal Workshop, Qualtrics, or similar tools
- Experience collecting and organizing data properly through data cleansing, regression and segmentation
What will help you succeed:
- You are resourceful and pragmatic in your approach and are able to manage multiple projects at a time
- You have great attention to detail and a high standard of output
- You challenge the status quo and look for ways to continuously improve
- You're an effective communicator with strong organizational skills
- You are incredibly driven and hungry to learn
- You are a strong team player who can excel in a fast-paced environment
- An interest in accessibility initiatives and expanding accessible thought and practices throughout an organization
- Experience studying rewards programs and financial products
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Neo:
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.