Senior Product Designer
About the Team
At DoorDash, our customers are at the forefront of the product strategy. We believe that the best customer experience is synonymous to the success of our business in the long run. Design plays an important role, providing important thought partnership in product development. This is where you come in.
We’re a multidisciplinary design team of approx. 50 members in Product Design, UX Research, UX Content Strategy, and Design Infrastructure. The team is still in an early development stage, which means everyone helps to shape the design culture and process from the ground up and gets to own big and meaningful design problems end-to-end. Please check out our story at https://doordash.design/
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Product Designer in Melbourne, Australia. In this role, you would be the founding member of the DoorDash Australia Product Team and will be responsible for defining and executing the full end-to-end user experience design to win the Australian on-demand delivery market. You will report to a Director of International Design based in the US.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Understand business, user goals and cultural nuances in the Australian on-demand delivery market
- Act as the UX advocate for local users to inform our product and design strategies, and use quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform the design decisions iteratively
- Own, lead and drive design problems from ideation through to execution on all three-sided marketplace audiences: Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers
- Build relationships and work with cross-functional working teams such as Product Management, Engineering, and Operations in the Melbourne office
- Be the strong glue to the Design and Product team based in the US HQ
- Create user scenarios, user journey, wireframes, high-fidelity UI designs and prototypes throughout the full cycle of the product development process
- Work with Design Infrastructure team in the US to conform with the latest DoorDash design system and contribute to its evolution
We’re excited about you because…
- You bring a minimum 5 years of product design experience focused on Australian audiences with a strong portfolio of end-to-end projects
- You are an expert in Australian cultural norms and e-commerce trends
- You can accommodate occasional meetings with the US team to build relationships and collaborate to build a cohesive UX
- You’re an excellent storyteller and rockstar communicator
- You inspire us with your strong self-awareness and a 'can-do' attitude
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.