Quantitative UX Researcher
Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
Our growing UX Research group works to swiftly deliver research-backed insights regarding our current and potential users to stakeholders across Product, Design, and Marketing. We directly contribute to the development and growth of Okcoin’s various product lines, as well as marketing and positioning campaigns. Additionally, we are charged with constantly measuring, testing, and iterating to optimize the overall cross-platform, global user experience. We are a growing, multi-cultural, and remote/decentralized team with a passion for making Bitcoin, crypto, and DeFi accessible to all.
About the Opportunity
Okcoin's customer base is evolving as more everyday people embark on their crypto-finance journey. We are seeking an experienced researcher to help us up-level our surveying and analytical capabilities, and uncover insights about current and potential users to shape our product and marketing strategy. As our first quant-centric research hire, you will be an instrumental part of the team, advising on personas, user journeys, and UX analytics-based decision-making for Okcoin. Success will be measured by designing, executing, and sharing out research cross-company which helps to better understand and serve key user segments/personas and reduce friction at essential points in their user journeys, as well as continuing to be an ambassador for integrating research across teams.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Designing, executing, and owning ongoing, customer-centric research studies to optimize the user experience (churn, customer journeys, feature discovery, etc.) through usability testing, surveys, benchmark studies, analytic analyses, and A/B testing.
- Bridging UXR and Product Analyst teams to recommend and report on daily/weekly/monthly UX metrics and product metrics for Okcoin and competitors such as ‘time to complete tasks’ (onboarding, first purchase, etc.), avg time spent in app, download rate, DAU, revenue, churn rate, SUS scores, etc. as well as conducting persona/segment-level reporting and analysis.
- Working with the UXR team on various mixed-methods thought-leadership studies, as needed.
- Sharing actionable research findings to internal audiences via infographics, written reports and in-person presentations.
- Being an instrumental part of creating the best-in-class user experience for the current and future cryptocurrency customer!
What We Look For In You:
- 4-7 years of quantitative-focused research experience; ideally in a product setting.
- Confident with end-to-end research design utilizing usability testing, surveys, benchmark studies, analytic analysis, and A/B testing.
- Deep knowledge with quantitative research methodologies (e.g. survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, experimental design, behavioral data analysis).
- Experience in data manipulation and analysis using statistical tools (Amplitude, SQL, Python)
- Demonstrated experience with solving problems and finding insights to share, even with imperfect information and pioneering new ways of reporting on and leveraging data
- Able to incorporate complex technical, financial, and business requirements and terms into research, in a way that is approachable and empathetic to research participants/internal audiences.
- Fluent in Mandarin and comfortable working across global teams in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment which is never boring nor predictable
- Willingness to become obsessed with Bitcoin, crypto, Defi and/or blockchain (Bonus if you already are!)
Nice to Haves:
- Data science background
- Existing passion for Bitcoin, crypto, DeFi, and/or blockchain
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.