Junior UX Designer
Weploy was founded in 2017 with the mission to create an empowered and fearless future of work.
Our on-demand platform connects businesses with the right talent, allowing them to handle surge demand with ease. We provide job seekers access to high quality on-demand opportunities, so that they can pursue professional success without sacrificing their lifestyle.
Recently a new product line was born in the workforce management space, repurposing some of the concepts that power Weploy’s business. This platform enables businesses to manage their own deskless employees in a streamlined manner. Moreover, their employees get an awesome app for accessing everything they need from their phone, such as job notification, shift management, task checklists, and many others.
About the role
We are looking for a junior UX Designer to join our team.
The team is empowered with autonomy and is mission-driven. You will join a group of welcoming, fun, and driven people. We love our innovation days, learning sessions, daily banter, and end-of-sprint board games.
This role reports to the UX Lead.
What you will do
Underpinning the way we work are the concepts of “Product Trio” and “Missionaries, not Mercenaries”. What this means is that the 3 disciplines of Design, Engineering, and Product Management have shared accountability for our products’ success. They research, prioritise, shape, and build products together as a mission-driven unit.
Our Product Manager and UX Lead work on the conceptual aspects of the product, which you will turn into wireframes and high fidelity design. Your “upstream” collaborators are the Product Manager and UX Lead, while “downstream” are Software Engineers.
- Work mostly on tightly scoped projects, individual screens, or small problems
- Produce wireframes, hi fi design and developer handover
- Follow existing design patterns from the design system
- Conduct usability testing with external clients under guidance
- Occasionally conduct user interviews with external clients under guidance
- Gather/review basic analytics
- Write basic HTML & CSS with guidance for our web app
- Create prototypes with static screens for our mobile app
- Work in a continuous 3-weekly sprint cycle and partake in Agile ceremonies (stand up, retro, showcase)
You will excel in this role if you:
- Are an awesome human being
- Empathise with the users of the app, and genuinely care about them having the best experience
- Love playing with apps/websites. You are naturally curious about their design choices.
- Are meticulous
- Understand and incorporate technical and business constraints into your design
- Make data- and research-driven decisions
- Love the design & usability space. You stay on top of industry trends.
- Can work closely with other disciplines, namely product management, business analysis, and software engineering
- Are proactive and like to take initiative
- (Ideal) Can write basic HTML & CSS that is used as a live guide by software engineers
What this role is not about
- Spending the majority of the time making the design look incredibly aesthetic, and worrying more about graphic design than design systems and functional purpose
- This role is neither hands-off nor research-dominant. This is a hands-on product design role, with an approximate 80:20 split between hands-on design and research/validation.
- If you’re currently a Mid or Senior UI/UX Designer looking to step up into bigger responsibilities, this is not for you. This role is primarily about day-to-day sprint work.