Looking to do work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps our users make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech.
Through chat, Cleo hits you with ridiculously personal insights into your spending, but really, it’s our tone of voice that sets us apart. We’re a product for the next generation. That means meeting our users where they are and building the type of relationship they expect. It also means dropping the BS.
But it’s time to do more. As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
You’ll be working day-to-day in a cross-functional squad, working out what makes our users tick, and building products that empower them. You’ll also join our design guild made up of UX Writers, Product Designers and User Researchers. We want to build an outstanding research function at Cleo, and you’ll play an important role in determining what that looks like.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the planning and delivery of different user research projects to help us build new features and iterate on existing ones
- Analysing findings and communicating actionable insights back to your team and the wider business
- Getting your team excited about, and involved in, research at every stage, from drafting interview scripts to live calls with customers
- Ensuring that our designs are customer-centric, running workshops to inform ideation and improvements
- Empowering others in the business to run their own research projects, upskilling them in qualitative techniques
What are we looking for?
You’re someone who cares deeply about understanding other humans and their relationships with money, in all their complex forms. You’ve got a great grounding in both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, and exercise these to deliver game-changing insights at pace. You’re excited to help everyone learn and test new things everyday.
- You can take a problem (however vague or complex), create a research plan and execute it at speed
- You’re comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, and know when to apply them
- You have experience with remote testing methodologies
- You’re an excellent communicator, with heaps of empathy
What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best. You can view our progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - this position is a UR3 level and we can pay between £53,500-£65,000 p.a
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- Cleo is a culture of stepping up. We want, and expect you to grow and develop. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. You’ll have our support in everything you do. But more importantly, you’ll have our trust.
- We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means the usual perks but it also means flexibility.
- Other benefits include;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays
- 4.30pm finish every Friday
- Regular lunch-and-learns as part of a general learning culture
- Online courses and internal training to level up your skills like from coding, to SQL, to management training
- Choose your own gear, ask for the tools you need, and we’ll seek them out for you
- Cleo socials and activities
- Online mental health support via Spill
- Access to Pushfar - online platform for external mentorship
- A clear career progression path through Progression https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- And many more!
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.