Foresight Data Machines
About the business
Certain essential industrial processes use large amounts of power (several percent of the world’s demand). We use AI combined with physics to create predictive optimisation software for these processes.
We are a small team and our customers include some of largest industrial companies in the World. We are growing rapidly and we are looking for people to come and forge high-responsibility roles for themselves.
About the role
Full time | On-site | London, UK
Our product is an advanced AI system that runs in realtime and works collaboratively with humans to control high-energy processes.
Our AI models produce abstract predictions that update dynamically and can represent very complex ideas. These ideas must be communicated to the product users in a way that is stylish and intuitive. The UI must also be performant.
This role will own our UI design and there is scope to own the whole visual identity of the company.
- Collaborate with our AI and physics scientists to represent the predictions of our models in a way that is stylish and insightful
- Create designs and rapidly iterate based on feedback from our customers
- Think really hard about user experience, especially how users can understand abstract ideas from complex predictions
General company requirements
We are open minded about professional experience and University qualifications.
We are typically expecting you have 3-15 years as a professional designer. UI design experience is necessary, other graphic design or brand design experience is a plus
Examples of other evidence that we look for:
- Strong results in art, design, or literary competitions or events.
- Contributions to open source/hobby projects in relevant domains that are valued by a community.
- Evidence from other extra curricular projects.
Other attributes we look for:
- You take initiative and you are extremely reliable.
- You enjoy being part of a team.
- Flat management style.
- Small team of very skilled people.
- Competitive salary and equity.
Send a CV/portfolio/github or similar. You do not need to prepare for any puzzles often found in tech interviews. A successfully completed interview process will likely consist of two calls and then spending time in the office with us working on real problems collaboratively.