WHAT YOU WILL DO
As our UI Designer, you will play a key role in creating a user-friendly interface for a complex engineering product. You will work closely with the UX designer to formalise conclusions drawn by research, and high level requirements. You will also exercise collaboration in a cross-functional team environment, with our product, engineering and marketing teams. The role requires consistency in design, attention to detail and exceptional creativity.
As part of this, you will be required to:
- Create, build out and maintain design guidelines / pattern library
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Embed yourself into the development teams as the source of truth on the customer
- Advocate user-centred design principles
- Ensure consistency and best practice across the product
- Turn UX research insights into productised components and reduce development effort through reusable components
WHO YOU ARE
You’re degree qualified in Design Computing, Industrial design or similar. You have a minimum of 3 years experience under your belt and can demonstrate your key achievements with a strong portfolio.
You’re a self-learner, with an innate intellectual curiosity as well as exceptional attention to detail. You’re also an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to work cross-functionally within a complex domain.
You have or will demonstrate the ability to be:
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficient in Axure, Figma and Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- A strong technical ability, practical approach and creative problem-solving aptitude
- The ability to work under pressure and be receptive to constructive criticism
- Exposure to Geospatial, Visual Mapping or Engineering is a plus, though not required
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
WHO WE ARE
Neara is a high-growth utility software company headquartered in Sydney, Australia. We have secured our Series B funding and are backed by some of the best investors in Australia, including Square Peg Capital and Skip Capital.
Our mission is to empower organizations by bringing them closer to their assets, environment, and business through intelligent software solutions. As a result, we are tackling the toughest challenges in the rapidly evolving energy and infrastructure sector.
Our proprietary software platform generates three-dimensional digital models of infrastructure assets, enabling complex, engineering-grade analysis to be performed at scale. We enable utilities and infrastructure asset owners to enhance the operation and performance of their assets by optimizing capital spending, reducing operational costs, and improving safety and risk management.
We’re growing globally and we are passionate about the role that Neara is playing in reshaping and evolving the industry at a critical time in its history.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Significant opportunity for career development and acceleration
- A dynamic environment, exceptional leadership team and high-performance culture
- A centrally located office, minutes from a train station
To apply, please use the online application link below. For additional information or to arrange a confidential discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neara values diversity, belonging and equal employment opportunities. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Please note, you will require current and unrestricted working rights. All applicants will receive an update on their application within 7-10 working days.
No agencies or third party service providers please.