UI & Interaction Designer
Founded in 2019, Cake DeFi is a leading decentralised finance services provider and Southeast Asia’s fastest growing fintech platform. "We Do Crypto. You Do You." - Our vision is to become a one-stop platform for all crypto users to get easy access to DeFi and Web3 services. To date, more than 1 million users from over 190 countries trust us to manage over $1 billion in assets. We are a profitable, cashflow positive private rocket ship that's just getting ready for take-off. Join us.
At the Cake DeFi Experience and Product Design Team we believe that a good experience is as much about empathy, behaviour and emotion, as it is about utility and performance.
We strive to use human-centered design to level up the design maturity of the company. Being in Decentralized Finance, we aspire to excise the complexities of DeFi in favour of an easy-to-use, motivating and dare we say, joyful experience that welcomes all. We are looking for team members who’d love to do just that.
Walking through the door into this team means to take on a customer’s view, advocate for product simplicity and evangelise Design Thinking. At the same time, it means to assume responsibility for working efficiently and effectively towards business objectives.
Yes, it kind of sounds like you have to have two souls and we’re asking a lot. Look, the most fulfilling work happens outside the comfort zone, where there is the need, ability and empowerment to grow. Now you know what our door looks like. Are you going to knock?
We are looking for a talented UI & Interaction Designer to join our in-house creative Brand & Marketing team.
You will be part of the Design System team that is at the heart of our upcoming new product. You’ll work closely with the Human Interface lead and the front end lead to set industry standards for connecting design and code.
We aspire to creating advanced tools that make the design process increasingly efficient and effective by making the output more predictable and removing the need for manual intervention where possible. We need you to obsess over the way it looks & feels in the same way you obsess over how it works under the hood.
You are probably the right person for the role, if one half of you gets excited about trying new things with design and code and the other half is OCD.
- Continuously evolve and maintain our rigid modular design system in Figma that is coded in React Native
- Develop tooling, governance and automation for design to code with the design system leads
- Collaborate closely with developers
- Collaborate with animators to create micro animations and interaction delights
- Deep familiarity with platform interface guidelines and nuances
- Experience in design for mobile and web
- Strong understanding of nested system modularity
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong understanding of usability patterns and visual aesthetics
- Ability to articulate your rationale for design decisions
- Familiar with front end technologies like CSS, SCSS, CSS-in-js, React, NextJS
- Familiar with version control like Git
- Experience with animation tools like Rive, After Effects + Lottie
- Assess UI performance and conduct component A/B tests
- Continuously experiment with new ideas that make interaction better and execution simpler
- Develop rapid prototyping tools for UX designers to test flow ideas
The ideal candidate
- A plus if you have experience with Design tokens / Figma Tokens
- Knowledge of web and UI technology like SVG, web fonts, opentype, JSON, Typescript
- Experience with haptics and multi-sensory UI on mobile devices
- Mindset of both, a designer and an engineer
We want to transform and decentralise finance with tomorrow’s technology. This is where you come in. Join a company that is at the forefront of bleeding-edge innovations in blockchain and DeFi. You will be empowered to push boundaries and think out of the box. You will get to work with a bunch of ridiculously motivated and talented people. And most importantly, you'll have fun. The best places to work at, are often also the most fun to work at. That's us.
We hire based on merit, fit, and strong alignment to our culture. Our culture is defined by 7 team principles: Integrity, Resourcefulness, Ownership, Meritocratic Decision-making, Customer Obsession, Radical Candour, and Passion. These 7 principles guide our company, our people, and our work. At Cake DeFi, our culture is our pride. It has been instrumental to our success, so we are steadfast in our commitment to it. We welcome you to add to it.