Product Designer - Hybrid (Granville, OH)
This is a hybrid role based in Central Ohio and willing to spend time in our Granville, Ohio headquarters. Only applicants in Central Ohio will be considered. All applicants must include a portfolio.
Purpose of the Product Designer
Product Designer responsibilities include falling in love with the user problems and pain points (not the solution), gathering requirements based on understanding the user journey, designing the user interface, and prototyping new and intuitive ways for customers to interact and leverage their brand dataset. To be successful in this role, you should have customer empathy and a passion for creating delightful user experiences.
Ultimately, you’ll lead a user-focused approach to product development across our teams to bring customer needs to life in innovative software.
- Product Discovery & Research
- Research, gather, and evaluate user needs in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Discover insights through continuous client, customer, user, and stakeholder engagement and interviews
- Review prototypes with users to validate assumptions made during product discovery
- Summarize and communicate research findings within product teams and the broader organization
- Holistic User Experience Design, Prototyping, & User Testing
- Work side-by-side with engineers and product managers to rapidly translate concepts into sketches, low- to medium-fidelity wireframes, and high-fidelity visual designs; use these to drive conversations with your team and to facilitate testing and discussions with users.
- Conduct user acceptance testing to ensure delivered product matches prototypes and is usable.
- Apply usability metrics and design principles to refine design decisions and to prioritize your work and product decisions
- 2+ years of experience building B2B and B2C (and/or B2B2C) or similar product experiences
- You are someone who can easily step into the customer’s shoes with enthusiasm to craft great experiences
- The ability to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Experience in user research and usability testing to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- Ability to balance methodologies and practical scenarios
- Ability to effectively take direction with feedback from co-workers and partners and have excellent communication skills
- A design portfolio with case studies for our team to review.
- Experience in collaborating with users, product managers, engineers, QA, customer success, and internal stakeholders is a plus.
- Experience with Figma, Material UI and building/maintaining design systems is a plus.