Apply for this job
Kitman Labs is a global human performance company, disrupting and transforming the way the sports industry uses data to increase the performance of the world's top athletes.
Driven by a passion to innovate in the areas of sports performance, analytics and user experience, we have assembled a team of the industry’s top data scientists, sports performance scientists, product specialists and engineers. The company received recognition by Fast Company in 2019 as one of the most innovative companies in the world.
Kitman Labs’ advanced Outcome-driven Analytics and Performance Intelligence Platform are used by over 700 teams in 50 leagues on 6 continents spanning soccer, rugby, American football, baseball and ice hockey.
We have an opportunity for a thoughtful, extremely talented designer (and design thinker) to join our innovative team and help us fundamentally shape our product. Our customers are growing, our team is growing and our product range is rapidly growing in a fast-paced environment. Our aim is to stay as the market leader and we need someone who shares that winning mindset and has the desire to drive our product suite forward.
While you should have excellent practical skills, it is critical you understand it is the conceptual aspects of design that set the foundation. You are willing to consider all requirements and weigh them up. You can see the bigger picture and break that down into the necessary details. You have a strong visual design focus. Most importantly, you have the fortitude necessary to deliver human centred products when challenged with complex design problems.
We will expect you to
- Help in designing our new design system with the aim of creating cohesive and consistent interfaces
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs for various platforms
- Ensure that designs are visually appealing, intuitive, and easy to use
- Stay up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and evaluate user requirements
- Wire-frame & prototype to help quickly explore and refine proposed solutions
Experience and skills we look for
- An excellent on-line portfolio showcasing UI and visual design work for mobile, desktop and web
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams to build web products and mobile apps
- Knowledge of UX design principles and methodologies
- Design System experience, having worked on all stages of the Design System: Design, developer handoff, documentation, and Q&A
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, UX Design, UI Design, Product Design, or equivalent practical experience
At Kitman Labs we pride ourselves on being the best and working with the best, so it should be no surprise that we are also dedicated to keeping the best through building a world-class work culture.
We truly believe that a successful company begins through having an outstanding and inspiring culture, so our benefits reflect this:
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- Health insurance
- Clear career progression path
- Wellbeing benefits
Our impressive Manchester office is located within a 5 minute walk of major Train stations and we offer a remote friendly hybrid working model.
In addition to building a team with diverse skill-sets, Kitman Labs is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate based on age, civil or family status, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please let us know.