See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Web UI Designer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to create a wide variety of UI deliverables for the Twilio.com website, including graphics, illustrations, page layouts, animations, and other design artifacts as needed by work closely with UX, Content, and Engineering teams to turn design ideas and concepts into user-facing web pages. Having the ability to bring Twilio’s vision and story to live through our website.
In this role, you’ll:
- Create a wide variety of UI deliverables for the Twilio.com website, including graphics, illustrations, page layouts, animations, and other design artifacts as needed
- Work closely with UX, Content, and Engineering teams to turn design ideas and concepts into user-facing web pages
- Interact with key stakeholders across the organization to understand how to effectively visually communicate SaaS products and use cases
- Contribute toward furthering existing design system
- Translate new branding into a cohesive site-wide experience, incorporating new look and feel into web design layouts, components, and elements
- Implement responsive designs that improve the user's experience on desktop and mobile devices
- Participate in weekly design review meetings
- Maintain current understanding of advances in design, technology, and trends, knowledge of design software capabilities and limitations.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Candidates should have experience working on multiple projects, a willingness to meet quick turnarounds and fast deadlines, and ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
- Able to take feedback and translate it to actionable solutions.
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate the visual representation of concepts.
- Understand basic HTML markup language.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator and Photoshop) and Figma.
- Experience with or maintained design system.
- Experience with creating illustrations.
- Familiarity with AEM.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated.
- Excellent design skills and a strong portfolio
- English and Spanish language is mandatory.
- Understanding of basic accessibility requirements (AA, WCAG 2.1).
- Experience with Lottie, and creating animations is a plus.
This role will be Remote - Colombia.
Approximately <10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.