Apply for this job
Senior UI Designer
We’re looking for an experienced Senior UI Designer to join our design team. This is an exciting role that will drive us towards a more appealing, intuitive, consistent and usable solution for all customers.
Providing the best possible experience for our customers is fundamental to us at SiteMinder. A seamless customer experience across all parts of our Product UI is a crucial part of that.
This role is best suited to someone is passionate, smart, and able to apply their design knowledge to a variety of complex challenges. They create an inspiring vision, gain buy-in, devise a plan and execute on the vision. They are a natural collaborator and thinks both strategically and pragmatically to solve problems.
Who we are
Ever booked hotel accommodation on Booking.com, Expedia or TripAdvisor? Chances are, you’ve used SiteMinder. Our goal is to liberate hoteliers with technology that makes a world of difference, and we do that by helping them find and acquire guests online.
We are the world’s leading guest acquisition platform for hotels, supporting 35,000 hotels in 160 countries to generate more than 87 million reservations on our platform each year.
As a Senior UI Designer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Taking over the design and execution of our evolving design system. Our design system is a product unto itself; internal staff are our primary customers, but all of SiteMinder’s 35,000 customers will benefit from your craft as secondary stakeholders.
- Working closely with UX Designers, Product Owners and Developers you deliver quick concepts for validation and quality UI for production and contribution to the design system.
- Mentoring, and supporting Product Designers with the design of complex UI patterns and contributions into the Design System.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with designing and working with Design Systems.
- Working knowledge of front-end coding possibilities and limitations.
- A deep understanding of a11y requirements and inclusive design practices.
- Proficiency with the latest design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, and Adobe Suite.
- Experience with Abstract and Principle is a plus.
- Experience maintaining a Sketch (or similar) UI component library for use by a wider team.
- Knowledge of building dynamic components using smart layouts in Sketch.
- Some experience with interaction and micro-interaction design would also be favourable.
How to apply
Does this job sound like you? If yes, we'd love for you to be part of our team! Please send a copy of your resume and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Why join SiteMinder:
See where the tech magic happens at SiteMinder HQ - the home of our product and development teams. We’re the trailblazers of our industry and our enemy is closed thinking, so you’ll have the chance to be creative and question the status quo.
Every day, you’ll have new problems to solve - and meet new people to learn from. Our executive team and global functions are based in Sydney, so you’ll benefit from access to leaders and collaboration with people from all walks of the business. We continue to grow rapidly and we’re committed to supporting the learning you need as you grow with us.