Arq Group changes the way businesses do business. From award winning mobile apps, cloud and analytical insights, to design thinking and digital marketing. We define, design and create products and solutions that solve problems, big and small. Arq Group are Australia’s leading experts in Digital Solutions.
We create technology. We partner with our clients to solve problems others can't. We do this by hiring the best people out there!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and experienced UI Designer to be part of the team creating Australia's most popular and high-profile apps.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about apps and has the attitude and skill to work in our award-winning design team.
What the role will focus on:
- Design experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Work alongside our experienced UX team to produce beautiful and intuitive apps
- Work iteratively designing screens, interactions and prototypes to help define the product
- Present designs to clients and stakeholders
- Work with development teams to understand the implementation details and dependencies for visual designs
- Provide and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with Project Managers, developers, UX designers and clients to oversee the visual design of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Work with QA teams to ensure designs are implemented correctly
What you will bring to the role:
- Understanding of Android & iOS design best practices
- Previous experience (examples) designing visual interfaces - web, applications, mobile, etc.
- Excellent knowledge Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- The ability to interpret brand guidelines
- Passionate and knowledgeable about apps and devices
- Excellent people skills & collaborative attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work at high speed, multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Interest in emerging design tools/techniques
- Solid design skills based on expert knowledge of fundamental design principles, colour theory and typography
Desirable but not essential:
- Degree in Design (Multimedia or equivalent)
- Prototyping skills (Flinto/Principle/Framer/)
- Desire to experiment with new tools to find improved workflows
- Understanding/experience in 2D animation
- Illustration / drawing skills
- Experience with branding/identity development
As part of your application you must include:
- Examples of design work, PDF/web link (web/mobile preferred)
Arq Group is the dynamic space for smart thinkers. We create unforgettable experiences, solve complex challenges, and provide seamless, end-to-end solutions for businesses, big and small…. from design thinking to customer solutions, leading mobile, cloud and analytical insights, digital marketing, to web design. We are Australia’s leading digital partner, powering the growth of businesses, big and small.
At Arq you’ll find a true work-life balance. You’ll be part of a sincere team that’s all about diversity, equality, teamwork and mutual support. Sound like the place for you? Then tell us why you’re the one for us.