About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a UI Designer (f/m/d) to join our growing Website Team. In this role you’ll support the evolution of the visual and interactive experience of our website, optimizing user journeys and conversion on Contentful.com. You’ll be part of a high-performing, cross-functional team led by the Director of Web Marketing and composed of designers and developers who work collaboratively to conceive, design, test and implement UX and performance-enhancing features for our marketing website.
While working primarily on experiences on Contentful.com, you will also have the opportunity to work with designers across the company, including UX researchers, and product and brand designers, with a goal of creating a holistic UX across all Contentful digital touchpoints.
What to expect
- Create persona-driven experiences on Contentful.com, the face of our brand and the core of our demand generation engine. You will work to improve the user journey for our customers and prospective customers, and encourage specific behaviors that bring value to them and to Contentful.
- Contribute to the evolution of the website design system, helping to create engaging, user-centered experiences and evangelizing UX best practices amongst team members and stakeholders.
- Be a valuable player on a high-performing design team in a fast-scaling, startup-like environment. You will exercise your finely tuned collaboration skills to succeed in this role, and to help your teammates and stakeholders succeed.
- Contribute to design projects from discovery to delivery, practicing and propagating agile processes in collaboration with developers and content creators.
- Work in an iterative process to meet team deadlines while also producing a high quality of work, meeting business and user needs while not necessarily requiring perfection at every stage.
- Help to build a data-driven UX design practice that puts A/B testing, user journey mapping and analytics at the forefront of your team’s work. You are able to interpret web data to improve experiences and outcomes such as conversion and engagement rates.
What you need to be successful
- 3+ years experience as a UX designer focused on end-to-end user experience for the web (desktop and mobile)
- Work samples that show evidence of design problem solving, UX strategy, user flows, wireframes, and modeling of user needs
- Past successes reviewing website analytics, observing and/or reviewing third-party qualitative findings, and applying them to improve user engagement and conversion
- Experience contributing to A/B testing plans and strategies and applying them in ways that increase website engagement and conversion
- Experience working within an environment where coordination between roles is imperative
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as InVision, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience using A/B testing tools (e.g., Optimizely)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, or a willingness to learn
- Interaction Design (IxD) experience a bonus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Comprehensive health care package (health, vision, dental insurance, life and disability insurance) and a retirement savings plan
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Our Berlin based employees: Get fit! We offer an Urban Sports Club discount and virtual morning fitness class to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.